The competition organizers hold the rights to publish information and photos included in the applications and its appendices (excluding passport data) and to publish the competition results. The competition organizers hold the rights to broadcast the competition proceedings on the Internet. The candidates accept without remuneration the recording of the competition for any uses on radio, television and the Internet, live, recorded or in streaming with the exception of commercial exploitation.
The Application form and attachments (sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org) must be submitted until March 1, 2015 . The application package must include:
- completed Application form;
- applicant's CV (1000 - 1300 characters);
- high resolution photo of the applicant in jpeg format ( ~ 0.5 MB);
- audio/video recording - submitted in one of the fallowing ways: 1) as file attached to e-mail, 2) a link to a recording on any website or 3) CD/DVD sent via regular mail. The recording must include 2 arias of applicant’s choice. The recording must be of a high quality (preferably professionally recorded), but not edited. The Organizing committee retains the rights to disqualify recordings with evidence of studio amplification or editing. The applicant must indicate the date of recording (no earlier than in 2014), the opera character, the first sentences of lyrics, the opera act number, title and composer, i.e. "Mimi’s aria (Si, mi chiamano Mimi…) from the 1st act of Giacomo Puccini’s opera La bohème". The recording will not be returned to the applicant.
- a scan or a copy of a bank document, proving the registration fee transfer in the amount of EUR 30.00;
- scanned or copied musical scores for Rounds I and II in the appropriate tonalities, if the applicant requires an accompanist provided by the competition. If the applicant plans to invite his/her own accompanist, the scores are not required.
If electronic submission of the Application form and attachments is not possible, the package shoud be mailed to:
Jāzeps Vītols 4th International Vocal Competition
Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music
K. Barona Street 1
NB! Even if application is sent by regular post, CV and photo have to be sent also to e-mail: email@example.com.
The preliminary selection will be based on the submitted applications. The organizers have the rights to determine the number of participants. If necessary, the organizers have the rights to request additional information from the applicants. The list of applicants that have passed the preliminary selection will be posted on the Competition webpage www.vitolakonkurss.lv and the selected participants will be notified via e-mail before March 15, 2015.
Upon arrival, the competitors will be required to present passports or identification cards, proving their dates of birth.
All rounds of the competition are open for public.
Singers, born no earlier than June 15, 1982 (female) and June 15, 1980 (male), are eligible for participation in the competition.